Can you improve your imagination?
(Apologies– I cannot remember where I got this list. As soon as I do remember, I will update this entry. If any of you know this citation please e-mail me at email@example.com)
1. Does Nature or Art send you into an altered state?
2. Can you get possessed by a sunrise or sunset?
3. Does church music sometimes lift you out of your seat?
4. Can you delight in small things—a fallen leaf, a drop of rain, the light on a bank of snow?
5. Does music remind you of pictures, images?
6. Do odors sometimes have colors?
7. Do colors have distinct meanings?
8. Can you see the crackle and orange, brown and red flames in a imaginary fire?
9. Do you get lost in music?
10. Do you find some voices so captivating that you have a hard time tearing away?
11. Can you listen to music even if there is background noise?
12. Are you moved by eloquent language—like poetry or speeches?
13. Do you see cloud shapes in the sky?
14. Can you see textures as color or music?
15. Can your mind sometimes take in the whole world?
16. Can a smell bring back strong memories
17. Is it easy to understand a mystical experience?
18. Do you get lost in your own thoughts sometimes?
19. Would it be easy to become a character in a play or novel?
20. Can you remember the past with sights, sounds—really clearly?
21. Can you remember some of your experiences as a child?
22. If you look at a flame or something illuminated do you see an after-image?
23. Can you imagine Jesus—or another figure whose presence is not really there?
24. Do things make sense to you sometimes, but not to others? AIDS
25. Do you sometimes know who is going to walk into the room, or what’s going to be said before someone says it?
26. Can you step outside yourself and jump into someone else’s place?
27. Do some of your experiences seem hyper-real?
28. Can you get lost in a story?
29. Can a hypnotist tell you your body is heavy and heavier—and it is?
30. Can you get lost in a daydream?
31. Do some of your thoughts seem so intense they become pictures—like writing a novel and the scene becomes very real?
32. Can you remember the time you first made love and the physical feelings? A race? Running long distances, a talk with a close friend?
33. When you are writing can you see your characters pretty easily?